Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Gathering and Planning

[click for a larger image]
In my wanderings this week, I've been trying to pay close attention. I'm finding an old creative writing prompt strategy to be helpful, constantly thinking to myself: I see, I hear, I feel, I smell...and filling in the blanks. What I've gathered here are loose beginning compilations of images and textures--some directly from the neighborhood and some from outside sources--that act as a sort of stream-of-consciousness impression of my street, building and immediate neighborhood.

1 comment:

  1. Great approach. I'm already seeing some grand possibilities in the collage above. Do you need the text though? I suggest another approach as well - wander your neighborhood and make stream of conscious lists, writing down whatever you're drawn to.

    ReplyDelete